Benefits of Working at Thomas E. Strauss | Jobs in Lancaster PA
Thomas E. Strauss, Inc., provides a number of benefits for both part- and full-time employees.
All Employees – Available Upon Hiring
- Welcome Complimentary Coupons for restaurants
- Birthday Complimentary Coupons in birthday month for the restaurants
- Miller’s Smorgasbord Discounts – 50% off for you and up to 7 guests
- Smokehouse BBQ and Brews Discounts – 50% off for you and up to 3 guests
- Gift Shop, Locally Made Food Shop and Country Store Discounts – 30% off gift items / 20% off food/beverage items
- Quilt Shop Discounts – 20% off (excludes consigned items)
- AmishView Inn & Suites Discounts – 50% off one room (restrictions apply, see manager/supervisor)
- Private Event Space – employees may rent private spaces for personal events at a discount
- Miller’s and Smokehouse BBQ & Brews Catering – 25% off on picked up items only
- Service Awards – recognization of employees for length of service beginning at one year and then every five years
- Hotel Employee Rate Program – received discounted hotel rates worldwide
- Employee Referral Program – refer someone to work in any of the TES, Inc., businesses, and if they are hired, you will receive a referral bonus as defined in the policy manual
- Monthly Employee Appreciation – special gifts or days just to say thank you for your hard work
- Employee Recognition Program – Get recognized by your peers and earn special rewards
- TES Tokens Program – A “Caught in the Act” reward program where managers can recognize employees that go above and beyond with special tokens that can be redeemed at Thomas E. Strauss, Inc. businesses
- Weigh and Pay Bulk Food Discount – get a discount on bulk food from the Thomas E. Strauss, Inc. kitchens
- On-Duty Meal Discount – eat for a discounted flat rate, see TES, Inc. policy manual for details
- Holiday On-Duty Meals – are provided free when you work holidays designated in the TES, Inc. policy manual
- Quest EAP – Employee assistance program includes assistance with personal and/or work-related issues with free, confidential counseling sessions that may impact job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being.
- AFLAC – supplemental, portable insurance coverage options available for a premium.
- Short-term disability (must work 30 hours/week)
- Critial or Cancer Care
- Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Equitable – Short-term disability insurance.
- 401k Retirement Plan – Employer matches 50% on employee deferrals up to 6%. Tax-deferred and Roth account options available. Available to full-time employees after one year of employment and to part-time employees after one year of employment and 1,000 hours worked in a calendar year. Eligible participants must be 21 years of age.
Full-Time Employee Benefits
- Major Medical and Vision Insurance – available after waiting period.
- Dental Insurance – available after waiting period.
- Health Savings Account – pre-tax savings account for healthcare related expenses.
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Sick Days and Bereavement Leave – as defined in the employee handbook.
- Life Insurance – Company paid life insurance for employee.
- AblePay – a program allows you to save up to 13% on out-of-pocket medical expenses (deductible, coinsurance, and copays).
Employee benefits are subject to change. The most current and complete list of part- and full-time employee benefits is available in the Thomas E. Strauss, Inc. HR Department. Ask your hiring manager for that list.
Mission & Values
Respect, integrity, and fun are part of our culture.